The @WORK Group is an award winning nationally known franchisor of staffing services and has locations throughout the United States. The foundation for AtWork began in the 1980s, and today, AtWork has grown to be cited as one of Staffing Industry Report’s top U.S. staffing firms. They provide customized staffing solution services primarily to small and medium size businesses. With @WORK, you can staff everything from a minimum wage warehouse worker to a C-level executive. In addition, they offer medical staffing and senior care staffing where owners can staff non-clinical workers to assist seniors in their home or put nurses to work at medical facilities. This is what makes @WORK unique. They grant owners the ability to customize the services they offer. You may choose among their four staffing models - general, medical, senior care, executive search. You can choose one program or all 4. This gives you additional revenue streams and the ability to diversify as well as add a recession resistant component to your business. As regulatory burdens continue to increase, like healthcare reform for example, more and more businesses are seeking the expertise of staffing companies to do their recruiting and hiring. The industry generated $121 billion last year and is expected to grow to $164 billion by 2018.
FIVE REASONS WHY @WORK SHOULD BE CONSIDERED
The business model is perfectly aligned with business trends
- @WORK offers a great lifestyle balance. It's a Monday through Friday, 8-5; no nights or weekends. Plus, there is no inventory to spoil or cash to manage.
- @WORK takes care of all the front and back office support so franchisees don't have to worry with having the funds to pay their employees or even do payroll calculations. We do it for them
- @WORK offers a variety of industries and businesses to service
- Recession Resistant programs with medical staffing
- Small overhead - Our offices are small so that typically equates to low rent and lower overall monthly expenses. We require a small internal staff of 2 (sales person and recruiter) So low cost overall.
Our Ideal Candidate Has the Following Attributes
- Solid business background, with either management or sales experience. Our best franchisees have been successful in their careers already leading a strong high performance team.
- A people person, all we do is work with people. So owner must enjoy networking and engaging with people from all walks of life.
- Ready to train, develop, and supervise a large number of workers
- Sales driven, money needs to motivate them. They need to be obsessed with success.
- Community leaders - enjoy getting involved with the local chamber, host job fairs, speak at local colleges, etc.
Retail (Brick and Mortar)
Year Established: 1988
Year First Franchised: 1992
Franchised Units: 50 - 100
Actual number of units: 72
Company Owned Units: 12
States referrals areaccepted in:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
Financial / Terms
Cash Investment (Liquid): $50000
Minimum Investment: $91500
Maximum Investment: $149500
Minimum Net Worth: $250000
Franchise Fee: $35000
Average # of Employees: 2
Financial Performance Representation / FPR-Item 19 in FDD: Yes
Royalty Type: Flat Percentage Fee
Royalty Fee Structure:
6.5% of gross sales
Ad Fee Structure:
Single Unit: Yes
Multiple Units: No
Area/Master Developer: No
International Expansion Opportunities: No
Support & Training Provided
Financial Assistance Provided: No
Site Selection Assistance: Yes
Lease Negotiation Assistance: No
Co-operative Advertising: No
Support and Training Notes:
- Virtual Training - 3 days - used for site selection and office set up (pre-opening)
- 1 week, Knoxville, TN - Learn the ins and outs of starting and running a successful staffing operation. Typically class room style (pre-opening)
- 1 week on site (post opening)