Year Established: 2006
Year First Franchised: 2010
Franchised Units: 1 - 10
Actual number of units: 13
Company Owned Units: 3
States referrals areaccepted in:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
States/Countries Registered In: Not Registered in: Hawaii, Maryland, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Nebraska and Utah. Registered in all others
Financial / Terms
Cash Investment (Liquid): $150000
Minimum Investment: $250000
Maximum Investment: $370000
Minimum Net Worth: $350000
Franchise Fee: $30000
Average # of Employees: 5-14 (See Background Notes)
Royalty Type: Flat Percentage Fee
Royalty Fee Structure: 6%
Ad Fee Structure:
AD Fee: Not collecting at this time
Financial Terms Notes:
Average # of Employees: This depends on the type of owner but starting out - at least one front desk associate, 3 full time technicians plus self = 5. A fully operating 8-10 room salon will have 10-14 employees 6%
Single Unit: Yes
Multiple Units: Yes
Area/Master Developer: No
International Expansion Opportunities: No
Single Unit Availability Outside US: No
Multiple Unit Availability Outside US: No
Area Development or Master Avail: No
Support & Training Provided
Financial Assistance Provided: No
Site Selection Assistance: Yes
Lease Negotiation Assistance: Yes
Co-operative Advertising: Yes
Support and Training Notes:
- Weekly support calls starting immediately upon joining the team. The support calls walk the zee through on-boarding step-by-step. Weekly calls will also be held with the site selection team (Javelin) and once the location has been secured, weekly calls with the GC and construction management team (OSR – One Source Retail) will begin. The entire time, the zee will begin learning about The Lash Lounge culture, systems and available resources in small digestible chunks.
- The owner will receive comprehensive marketing, employee management preparation, unit economics and operations coaching before attending their first week of hands-on training at headquarters along with one other staff member or co-owner. The week at headquarters will be spent training on services application, our POS software systems, running through hypothetical protocol, and finalizing all material and planning in preparation for their salon opening The zee will also have the opportunity to work in a corporate Lash Lounge salon. Training is 20% classroom instruction and 80% hands-on learning.
- After the week at headquarters, the zee will continue to receive weekly support calls and will move forward with hiring additional employees before soft opening. During the soft opening week, Corporate will provide an additional 5 days of on-site training for services and operations at the location. One operations trainer and one services trainer will be on site for this week.
- In the initial stages after opening, the owner will continue to have bi-weekly support calls while ramping up. This will include operations, marketing, unit economics and services best practices.
- On-going support includes monthly support calls with designated corporate support member
- Quarterly peer group marketing calls with other Lash Lounge owners
- Services refresher courses for technicians and front desk refresher courses for associates
- Employee management training and resources as staff grows
- Monthly internal newsletters for owners and staff
- Annual on-site visits and annual training conference
- Additional on-site training is available upon request for per day fee.
- Our custom annual forecasting tool is provided and each franchisee is coached through their annual financial, employee-hiring, and marketing forecasts for the upcoming year. This tool is utilized on a month to month basis to track their success, goals, and benchmark data.
Customized Tools Developed for Franchisee’s:
We have developed a unique set of tools to provide to our franchisees to aide in the streamlined success of operating their business. Some of these tools include:
- A unified accounting system and training.
- A custom forecast tool utilized to for annual financial planning, employee hiring, marketing and tracking KPI’s.
- A customized complete Marketing Program including a comprehensive marketing guide and an in-depth marketing tracker tool.
- Employee management packet including HR developed employee forms, employee coaching and development tools to aid in hiring and retaining a highly dedicated team.
- A customized client loyalty rewards program that is completely automated and nearly hands-free.